Pregnancy: Week 8

Hallelujah! We got to week 8 without any worrisome signs or symptoms. I feel like this pregnancy is just about to start officially with my first prenatal appointment on Wednesday. Oh I cannot wait to see our little bug on the screen. And I hope with all my heart that everything goes well!

Here’s what I look like today:

My nausea is still very much present. Although it got better during the weekend, it’s back with a vengeance today. I actually got worried on Saturday because I once read how the sudden disappearance of symptoms such as nausea can indicate an impending miscarriage. 😖 I’m still dead tired. The amount of sleep I need these days is ridiculous. I don’t really have cravings, but it’s more a matter of foods I can tolerate vs. those I can’t even think about right now without feeling sick to my stomach. The things I can handle well are: pasta, hamburgers, chocolate, and desserts. I guess I could just call it “junk food”. Everything else makes me want to vomit. Things that make me want to puke as soon as I think of them (and as I’m typing this): seaweed (PUUUKE), sushi, rice, cabbage, basically anything Asian. Yuck yuck yuck.

And here’s what Baby looks like:

lilypie ticker pregnancy fetus foetus fetal development baby growth week 8 eight weeks pregnant evolution size lilypie.com
thebump ticker pregnancy fetus foetus fetal development baby growth week 8 eight weeks pregnant evolution size thebump.com

Will we have a lefty or a righty? According to this website:

“The earliest sign of right- or left-handedness begins around eight weeks, with 75 percent of embryos already exhibiting right arm dominance. Left hand dominance and no preference comprise the other 25 percent.”

The doctor will give a more accurate due date on Wednesday, based on how big or how small the baby will measure during the ultrasound. So, I may have to change those tickers after my appointment. I hope the date is not too far off though. It would suck to measure closer to 7 weeks or less.

Before I end today’s update, here’s a fun collage of all my weekly pictures so far:

I thought for sure the difference would be more obvious by now, but I really just look wider in general. I can’t wait to see what more changes next month will bring!